The 5 Best Dishes for RV Use
The RV is a convenient means for an escape in modern times. You can travel and relax simultaneously and set up a comfortable home away from home. An experience of comfort in the house, of course, also means dining, and the RV can provide that luxury as well. The dining experience in an RV is different, however, because of limited space. You want to make sure every item in the RV is sturdy and all-around useful. As you read on, we will give you some helpful suggestions to find the best dishes for RV use.
There are so many products that claim they are the best dishes for RV use, but we will help you find the right ones while we take into consideration essential qualities for RV dinnerware.
A Detailed Review On The Five Best Dishes For RV Use Based On Category
The Most Durable/ Unbreakable Melamine Dinnerware Set for 4-12pcs Dishes
Melamine is generally the choice for RV users and campers. It is light, unbreakable, and comes in a variety of colors and designs to choose from. Breaking melamine tableware is nearly impossible; that is why we decided this dinnerware set since it features durability best.
Dishwasher Safe. Having 12 pieces of dishwasher safe dinnerware is a good deal. Because the dishwasher is a handy tool for the on-the-go lifestyle, it dries faster than standard dishware because of melamine’s high heat retaining properties.
Not Microwaveable. By far, the most glaring disadvantage for this set. Melamine is generally safe for use as dinnerware, but when exposed to high heat and high acidity, melamine can become dangerous. Although it can withstand high temperatures, it must not expose itself to high levels of heat with food.
The Most Dishwasher Safe Corelle Winter Frost White Dinnerware Set (18-Piece Service for 6)
Corelle is a known brand of glassware and dishware. It is Vitrelle, which is a tempered glass product laminated into three layers. Corelle is famous for durable, lightweight, and oven safe dinnerware.
Environmentally Friendly. Corelle uses its patented Vitrelle glass technology and uses high quality, non-toxic materials.
Still requires careful handling. Because of tempered glass features, it may require gentler handling than melamine. It is, however, made to be more durable than other types of dinnerware, so it should be able to survive regular bumps, which makes it a good option for the RV.
The Most Microwave Friendly Nordic Ware Microwave 3 Piece Dinnerware Set
Nordicware is a brand known for its focus on sustainability. This dinnerware set is BPA and melamine free plastic that can withstand high heat, which is why it is safe for use in the microwave.
Environmentally friendly. BPA (bisphenol A) is an industrial chemical used to make certain plastics and resins. Nordicware has made it their goal to eliminate the use of BPA and melamine for their microwaveable plastic products, making them a perfect option for those who are more environmentally conscious.
Costly. Sustainability is a complicated process. That is why Nordicware sells premium items for a premium price. If the price is not a concern for you, Nordicware promises a guilt-free, safe investment for your RV.
The Most Compact/ Space Saving Wealers Camping Mess Kit, 16-Piece Dinnerware Set
We will stray a bit from the sets we have featured so far to offer you a more playful option: a camping dinnerware set. Because we are talking about space-saving dishes, a camping set could be the answer to your woes.
Portable and Stackable. It comes with a mesh travel bag, and the dishes are easy to stack. It is effortless to move this set to and from your RV.
The design can be an area to improve on.
Most Environmentally Friendly Shopwithgreen Lightweight Unbreakable Wheat Straw Plates
A lot of dinnerware proudly wear the eco-friendly banner, but this set is the real deal. Having components from organic wheat straw fiber: Zero plastic, zero chemicals, odor-free, and 100% BPA free.
Multipurpose. These plates have a rounded edge that can serve as plates or cereal bowls. It is 8.8-inch deep dinner plates that can be used daily
Comes in only a handful of pieces with identical designs.
Qualities To Look For When Buying
The Best Dishes For Your RV
Choosing the right dish for your RV is not the same as shopping dishes for your home. The on-the-go type of life for an RV user requires certain matters to be taken into consideration. Unfortunately, your favorite china may not be efficient for an RV home.
- DURABILITY / UNBREAKABLE – This is an outstanding quality to have for any of the dishes you purchase for your RV. Since you will be on the go, it is important that you have a sturdy set with you. glass based recipes are not recommended.
- MICROWAVE SAFE – Dining on the go means the option for microwaveable food items. It is best to choose dishes that are microwave-safe, so you don’t have to worry about consuming toxic material.
- DISHWASHER SAFE – There are some RVs that have an electric dishwasher. The available features on your RV must influence the type of dishes you are planning to choose so that it will save you both time and money.
- COMPACT/ SPACE SAVERS – The RV lifestyle is a movement towards minimalism. Because the space is so limited, it limits your freedom to choose materials as well. Thankfully, we will be featuring some excellent space-saving finds that would suit your RV lifestyle.
- CHILD FRIENDLY and ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY – The limited space of any RV might force you to put certain items out on the open. Although this setup in a home would be alright, it might be dangerous in the RV. Dishes and kitchen utensils have to be hazard-free. Dinnerware that is easy to store and isn’t easily breakable are some qualities that directly affect safety. Any option to be environment friendly should also be taken into consideration, especially since outdoor life is all about connecting more with the environment. The small, environmentally conscious choices we make in purchasing items for our kitchen will go a long way towards a sustainable way of living.
Your Needs and Your Choice
The availability of dishes in the market could make the most seasoned shopper dizzy. Hopefully, highlighting their best qualities has narrowed down the choices for you to choose the best dishes for RV use. The RV lifestyle is as diverse as a typical household. Some RVs require more space-saving, others require a bit more style, but whatever your needs, the choice is still yours. The best dishes for RV use are yours for the taking. Here are a few guide questions that will help you decide which dinnerware set to purchase:
- Is the style and presentation vital to me?
- Is cost a concern for me?
- Can my kids manage this type of dinnerware?
- Do I aim to be environmentally aware of my choices?
- How much space am I willing to give for dishes in my RV?
There are other questions you know better to ask yourself, which will hopefully get you to the best answer. Meanwhile, the enjoyment is in the freedom to choose which ones truly reflect your personality and your needs and your desires. After all, an RV is still a home, and a home is where the heart is.