|Zinus Deluxe Short Queen Memory Foam||Zinus is known for making durable and comfortable cushions, and if you’re looking for one for your RV, their deluxe short Queen model is a great choice. With an affordable price point and excellent lumbar support, you’ll be snoring happily away in your RV with this cushion choice.|
|Dynasty Mattress New RV King Cool Breeze 12-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress||The Dynasty mattress is one of the most popular choices for a king-sized mattress, particularly because of the CoolBreeze Gel Foam. The mattress is a great combination of comfort and coolness, which makes you feel like you’re sleeping on a cloud!|
|Signature Sleep RV Mattress||If you’re unsure what size of mattress you need for your RV, the Signature Sleep line has a wide range of choices available, from 6-inch twin to 12-inch king. You can also choose between their regular cooling gel line or their charcoal-infused cooling gel. The charcoal-infused line helps to control odors and prevents mold and mildew growth.|
|Live & Sleep Resort Classic – RV Short Queen Memory Foam Mattress||If you or a loved one has back problems or has allergies, the Live & Sleep Report Classic is the mattress for you. The memory foam is soft but supportive, and it is breathable and hypoallergenic. What’s more, the mattress cover is removable, so it is easy to wash and clean.|
|Classic Brands Cool Gel Ventilated Memory Foam 12-Inch Mattress||If you’re shopping for a quality RV mattress on a budget, look no further than the Classic Brands Cool Gel Ventilated Memory Foam 12-Inch Mattress. This mattress is specifically designed for RV use so that it will fit most living or sleeping spaces in RVs.|
A Detailed Review on the 5 Best Foam for RV Cushions
Zinus Deluxe Short Queen Memory Foam
Zinus is known for making durable and comfortable cushions, and if you’re looking for one for your RV, their deluxe short Queen model is a great choice. With an affordable price point and excellent lumbar support, you’ll be snoring happily away in your RV with this cushion choice.
The Zinus Short Queen features 3 different layers: a 2-inch layer of memory foam, a 2-inch layer of comfort foam, and a 4-inch layer of high-density base foam. It is US-certified for maximum comfort and durability, and it is made from the company’s patented BioFoam to keep the mattress fresh and clean even through years of use. Zinus also offers a 10-year warranty for their mattress, so you know that they have confidence in their product!
If you have trouble sleeping because of a bad back, the Zinus Short Queen’s multiple layers of memory foam will give you one of the best night’s sleep you’ll ever have! The design of the mattress offers excellent lumbar support, and the high-density foam ensures that the mattress will keep its sturdy shape even if you sleep on it regularly.
Some reviewers have reported that the mattress has a strong “plastic” smell, especially if it is fresh out of the box. Over time, the plastic smell will fade, but it can be problematic for people with sensitive noses.
- Multiple foam layers
- Excellent back and neck support
- Within your means
- High-density foam adds structure and durability
- Strong plastic odor
- Thick foam layers can grow mold if moisture gets trapped inside
Dynasty Mattress New RV King Cool Breeze 12-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress
The Dynasty mattress is one of the most popular choices for a king-sized mattress, particularly because of the CoolBreeze Gel Foam. The mattress is a great combination of comfort and coolness, which makes you feel like you’re sleeping on a cloud!
The Dynasty CoolBreeze Mattress features the company’s patented Art Cool Airflow form, so you’ll never have to scoot around looking for the “cool side of the mattress.” With a 30-year limited warranty and a 120-day trial, you can try out this mattress as much as you want and see if it is the perfect fit for your RV adventures. If you love freebies, the CoolBreeze mattress also comes with two gel memory foam pillows to give you the ultimate comfortable night’s sleep.
One of the best things about this mattress is the height! The clearance of the mattress from the floor is 10 inches, so you can be sure that the cushion will be clean from dust and debris from your RV floor. What’s more, the height makes it easier for people with bad backs to get up from the bed easily.
There’s no getting around it: the Dynasty CoolBreeze is the priciest mattress on this list. The price tag makes it inaccessible for some people, but if you want to invest in a high-end, king-sized mattress, this is a great choice for you.
- 10-inch height clearance from the floor
- Multiple gel foam layers
- Infused gel beads for added coolness
- Comes with two pillows and washable cover
- 30-year warranty
- Very pricey
- Some people found it too firm
Signature Sleep RV Mattress
If you’re unsure what size of mattress you need for your RV, the Signature Sleep line has a wide range of choices available, from 6-inch twin to 12-inch king. You can also choose between their regular cooling gel line or their charcoal-infused cooling gel. The charcoal-infused line helps to control odors and prevents mold and mildew growth.
The Signature Sleep mattress is made from intuitive memory foam that provides maximum comfort and support while sleeping. If you find it difficult to sleep on hard and hot mattresses, the Signature Sleep will give you a comfortable and restful night.
All Signature sleep mattresses have CertiPUR-US qualification, meaning that the mattresses have been tested rigorously in terms of durability, content, comfort, and performance. The intuitive foam spreads out support as much as possible, which is great news if you’re a sleeper who tends to move around a lot.
Signature sleep mattresses carry a pretty hefty price tag. What’s more, some customers have reported that the inner layer of the mattress is made from glass fiber (not to be confused with fiberglass), so opening the mattress can cause the glass fiber layer to spill out. Once the glass fiber material is spilled, it can be very difficult to clean up.
- Wide range of different sizes
- CertiPUR-US certified
- Charcoal layer deodorizes and disinfects
- Intuitive foam provides excellent support
- Cooling layer
- It is expensive
- Glass fiber inner layer
- Some customers have reported a faint “chemical” smell
- The top cover cannot be removed making the mattress difficult to clean
Live & Sleep Resort Classic – RV Short Queen Memory Foam Mattress
If you or a loved one has back problems or has allergies, the Live & Sleep Report Classic is the mattress for you. The memory foam is soft but supportive, and it is breathable and hypoallergenic. What’s more, the mattress cover is removable, so it is easy to wash and clean.
The Live & Sleep foam is highly breathable, ensuring that you have a cool and comfortable night’s sleep on this mattress. With a special knit cover, it will also allow maximum airflow in and around the mattress to prevent odors from building up, as well as prevent mold and mildew growth. This mattress is CertiPUR-US certified and comes with a free memory foam pillow to prevent stiff necks as well.
This mattress is specifically designed to be used in RVs and truck beds, so you won’t have trouble fitting it in your RV’s available space. With a 2.5-inch air-infused top layer and high-density firm support base, you’ll be able to sleep as comfortably as you would in your own home! The mattress also has a medium-firm core with pressure points to relieve stress on your back, neck, shoulders, and legs to guarantee a good night’s sleep.
The bed promises a firm surface to sleep on, but some people have reported that the bed is too firm. If you’re looking for a plush and soft mattress, the Live & Sleep foam might be too hard for you.
- Hypoallergenic and breathable
- Intuitive memory foam
- Antibacterial material
- Removable cover
- Bed can be too firm for some people
- Some users have reported that the bed is uneven and slopes to one side
- Poor customer support service
Classic Brands Cool Gel Ventilated Memory Foam 12-Inch Mattress
If you’re shopping for a quality RV mattress on a budget, look no further than the Classic Brands Cool Gel Ventilated Memory Foam 12-Inch Mattress. This mattress is specifically designed for RV use so that it will fit most living or sleeping spaces in RVs.
The Classic Brands Cool Gel Ventilated Memory Foam 12-Inch Mattress has three layers: a high-quality gel, memory foam layer, and high-density base foam. Their mattresses come with a 10-year warranty, and they are CertiPUR-US certified.
If you want a huge mattress with a price tag that won’t burn a hole in your pocket, look no further than the Classic Brands Cool Gel Ventilated Memory Foam 12-Inch Mattress. Their largest mattress is priced just a little over a comfortable $200 for a twin size, which is the cheapest option out of all the 12-inch mattresses on this list. The intuitive foam is great for people with back problems and those who want to sleep on a cool mattress during the night.
Some people have reported that the mattress is too soft for them. What’s more, it inflates very slowly and has a strong chemical smell after it comes out from the box.
- Within your means
- Different size options
- Intuitive and cool gel foam
- 10-year warranty
- Mattress might be too soft
- Strong chemical smell
- Slow inflation
A Buyer’s Guide to an RV Mattress
Now that you know our recommendations for the best foam for RV cushions, here are some things that you should consider to help you make the decision easier:
1. Mattress Type – while there are dozens of brands out there, you can generally categorize mattresses into one of five different types, namely: Carpets are one of the most natural floorings to install. For an RV with a slide, the ease of installation plays a huge role. It can also easily fill up the gap the slides make. However, carpets are also one of the highest maintenance among the types of floorings. It accumulates dust and furs quickly, so you have to clean it up regularly.
- Memory Foam– the most common type of mattress, memory foam is designed for comfort and support. It helps adjust to your body’s weight and posture to alleviate back, neck, and hip problems. Many memory foam mattresses are also designed to allow maximum airflow.
- Innerspring – also known as coil mattresses, this type of mattress gives the most support, and it is the most durable type of mattress. It will not sag or collapse, but the inner springs are heavy and bulky. What’s more, this type of mattress is prone to mildew and mold growth, and the springs can rust.
- Air Mattress – cheap and lightweight, air mattresses are the most portable and easy to install in your RV. However, they don’t offer as much support compared to other types of mattresses, and they need to be kept away from sharp surfaces.
- Polyurethane – the cheapest type of mattress. It is also the lowest quality type. They can sag quickly and does not offer much support.
- Latex Foam – natural and organic, latex foam mattresses are hypoallergenic. However, they don’t offer much support for people with back problems and they do not offer airflow inside the mattress.
2. Size – the importance of getting the proper mattress size for your RV cannot be stated enough! No one wants to buy a huge, expensive mattress and find out that it’s not suitable for your available space.
Here is a short guide on the standard RV mattress sizes so that you can accurately measure the space you have in your RV:
- RV Twin Mattress: 38″ x 75″
- RV Twin Mattress: 38″ x 80
- RV Full Mattress: 53″ x 75″
- RV Bunk Mattress: 28″ x 75″
- RV Bunk Mattress: 30″ x 75″
- RV Bunk Mattress: 30″ x 80″
- RV Bunk Mattress: 34″ x 75″
- RV Bunk Mattress: 35″ x 79″
- RV Bunk Mattress: 42″ x 80″
- Short Queen Mattress: 60″ x 75″
- Short Queen Mattress: 60″ x 74″
- RV Queen Mattress: 60″ x 80″
- Olympic Queen Mattress: 66″ x 80″
- Three Quarter Size Mattress: 48″ x 75″
- RV King Mattress: 72″ x 75″
- RV King Mattress: 72″ x 80″
- Cal King Mattress: 72″ x 84″
- Eastern King Mattress: 76″ x 80
3. Warranty – the length and terms of your mattress warranty will depend on the manufacturer. In general, the more well-known and popular the brand of the mattress, the longer the warranty. However, look for a warranty that will at least last for 5 years, since this is the length of time that’s recommended before you change a mattress.
Why Do I Need an RV Mattress Specifically?
Now, you might be wondering why you need to purchase a separate mattress for your RV especially if you have a spare mattress at home. Simply put, RV mattresses are specifically designed for the dimensions inside an RV so that you can fit them more easily in your sleeping space. What’s more, many RV mattresses have cut-off edges so that you can move them around inside your RV easily. With an RV mattress, you can position both the mattresses and surrounding furniture without sacrificing the space inside your RV, which is already limited.
Now you know what to look for when trying to choose the best foam for RV cushions. In order to choose the best one, you have to get an accurate measurement inside your RV to narrow down your choices. Next, choose the ones with the best features that fit into your budget and your personal needs. Whether you want something affordable like the Dreamfoam Eurotop or you want to splurge on the Dynasty Mattress, don’t compromise on your comfort and sleep just to save a few bucks! Get more tips on RV cushions.