The 5 Best Portable Tire Inflators For RVs
Road Trips and long drives are a delightful and stress relieving experience, especially in our day where the fast-paced life in the city can literally drain the life out of you. And when you are traveling in an RV, this experience only gets more and more exciting. But you know what can really ruin the fun for you, your family or friends when traveling in an RV? It's getting a flat tire in the middle of your trip! Even worse if it happens in the middle of nowhere, and you’re miles and miles away from any machine shop or gasoline station. And also, if you have your spare tire ready, changing it sure isn’t an easy task. But don’t worry, we have a handy solution just for you. Using a portable tire inflator on your flat tire can do the trick! Just as long as the tire isn’t torn, since pumping air back into it would allow you to travel a few miles, at least until you reach the nearest gas station or vulcanizing shop. So having a portable tire inflator ready is a must for road trips and long-distance driving.
Portable tire inflators come in very many shapes and sizes. There are so many brands that are currently in your local hardware. And when you add the options you can choose from online platforms, you get an even more extensive selection, and that can make choosing the right one very confusing. So in this article, we will be giving you our top picks for the best portable tire inflator for RV to make it easier for you to make the right decision.
A Detailed Review on The 5 Best Portable Tire Inflator For RV
Tirewell 12V Tire Inflator
This portable tire inflator is jam-packed with features, at a shallow price point. It has a maximum air pressure of 150PSI and an airflow rate at [email protected] It can inflate a standard vehicle tire in about 2 minutes. It also has a fuselage with four-rod design, which is very effective at reducing the vibration and noise of the compressor, and rubber feet to make sure the air pump stays where it is placed and does not move around during operation. This product also has double cylinders direct-drive inflation pumps. This allows the portable tire inflator to be able to pump air into your tires at a high-speed rate, especially considering its size. This product is particularly suitable for SUVs, trucks, vans, RVs, crossovers, MPVs, campers, trailers, minivans, and can also be used for cars, motorcycles, golf carts, bicycles, and more. It also comes with quite a few accessories, like a 5M extension hose and a high-quality battery clamp. This allows the compressor to easily reach all your vehicle's tires, even when plugged into the front of your car, which is where the battery is usually located.
At around 8 pounds, this air compressor is very light and easy to bring with you on the road. It is also tiny compared to other portable tire inflators in the market, so you definitely won't be having trouble storing it.
No LED light or built in flashlight which makes it harder to view in the dark.
Power and performance - with its Double Cylinders Direct Drive Metal Pump, this tire inflator can do the task of pumping air to your RV, at a fast rate.
Accessories - this tire inflator already comes with a five-meter extension hose and a battery clamp adapter, which enables the item to draw power either from your vehicle's cigarette socket or directly from the battery.
Features - this unit just sticks to its role being a tire inflator, so it does not have other add on features like an LED display, a flashlight, or an automatic stopper.
VIAIR 45053 Silver Automatic Portable Compressor Kit (450P-RV)
This portable air compressor is capable of inflating tire sizes of up to 275/80/22.5 tires to a max of 150PSI without any difficulty. What’s even more is that this unit is specially intended for RV use. Still, this unit can also be used for virtually any tire since they come with accessories for many different inflation needs.
Comes with a lot of accessories that can make it a better tool to use.
Price point is high compared to other tire inflators in the market.
High hot water output – this model boasts 55,000 BTU. This high power ensures the temperature Features - since this tire inflator was specially designed for RV use, it has about every feature you will need, such as an Automatic Shut-Off Function and others.
Accessories - this product also comes with a whole lot of accessories that are very useful for RV. A 45-Degree Extended Reach Chuck (For Dual Rear Wheels), Gas Station-Style Tire Inflation Gun with 160 PSI Gauge, Primary & Extension Air Hoses (60ft total), etc.
Price - all these accessories and features do come at a price, and this product has the highest price point in our list.
PORTER-CABLE CMB15 (1.5 Gallon) Oil-Free Fully Shrouded
This tire inflator 1.5-gallon tank is fully shrouded and is easy to carry. It includes a water drain valve and rubber feet. The 150 psi max tank pressure stores more air in the tank for longer tool runtimes, and the durable oil-free pump allows for long life and no maintenance.
Easy to use and compact, can be transferred from one location to another without a problem.
Does not come with a lot of accessories that can enhance its capabilities as a tool.
Power - this air compressor has a relatively high CFM
Accessories, for its price, this unit doesn’t have too many accessories
Dewalt Pancake Air Compressor
This portable tire inflator features a high-efficiency motor for easy start-up in cold weather or extension cord application. It also offers a 165 max PSI 6.0-gallon tank (22.7 L) and 2.6 SCFM delivered at 90 PSI pump, which enables great tool run time with quick recovery.
It has a big 22.7 Liter tank that can deliver optimum inflation of tires.
Is big and bulky, making it hard to transfer from one location to another.
Features - this tire inflator can be easily used even in cold weather.
Size and Weight - this thing is pretty big and will consume some space in storage. It is also quite heavy compared to the others.
SuperFlow MV-9012 Volt Air Compressor
MV90 is one of the strongest and fastest in its class. It is designed to be used on semi-trucks, 4x4s, off-road trucks, or other vehicles with large tires. It conveniently powers directly from the vehicle's battery.
It was designed for an on the go lifestyle.
Its price is too high considering it has less features than other tire inflators in the market.
Accessories - has hose extenders and tire gauge included
Features - for its price point, it does not have any added features like auto-stop, flashlight, etc.
Things To Consider When Choosing The Best Portable Tire Inflator for RV
Before we give you a list of our best portable tire inflators, let’s do a little overview of what different kinds of portable tire inflators are out there in the market today. Unlike the bulky or fixed tire inflators found in gasoline stations or machine shops, portable tire inflators are basically ones that you can quickly move around, or take with you on trips, load on the trunk of your car, or put in your RV storage. They also come in very different shapes and sizes. Some being as small as a water bottle, and others being as big as an oxygen tank for scuba diving. There are generally three kinds of portable tire inflators, and they can be classified by how they are powered, or where they get the energy to fill your tires with air.
- Battery Powered Portable Tire Inflators - these are the smallest and most lightweight tire inflators out there. They are mainly used for items and wheels that do not require a high amount of air pressure, such as balls, bicycle wheels, motorcycle wheels.
- Portable Tire Inflators for Cars - these are the tire inflators that connect to your car's cigarette lighter (the one usually found somewhere under the instrument panel). These types of portable tire inflators used for small to mid-sized vehicles, such as sedans, SUVs, and vans, since most models can pump up to 100 PSI of air to your tires.
- Heavy Duty Portable Tire Inflators - these types of tire inflators either connect directly to your car battery or a power outlet. Their size is usually more massive than the other two since equipped with bigger and more powerful motors.
What Factors To Check In Choosing The Best Portable Tire Inflator For RV
- Performance and Power - this is the first thing you have to check when getting the portable tire inflator for you, considering that not all of them have the same power output, and are intended for specific uses. Since we are using this for an RV, it is essential to know what specs we need our tire inflator to have, for it to be able to pump air into our RV’s tires. It is highly advisable to choose a portable tire inflator with a 150PSI max pressure. PSI or pounds per square inch is a metric that measures air pressure. This rating will tell you the maximum amount of pressure your tire inflator is capable of putting into your tires. You can also find the PSI rating for your tires on its sidewall. If you are looking for a fast working tire inflator, just make sure that it has a reasonably good CFM rating. CFM stands for cubic feet per minute, and this rating tells you how fast your compressor can fill air into your tires. The higher the score, the quicker your tire gets filled.
- Size and Weight - in choosing a portable tire inflator that suits your needs, you have to look for one that's the right size and weight for you, since the choices out there in the market can vary from ones that are the size of a cereal box, or as big as a propane tank. Considering the size of your tire inflator is essential since you don’t want it to be consuming so much space in your RV while you are traveling. Getting one that isn't too heavy is also a good idea so that you will not have a hard time moving it around.
- Length of Wires and Accessories - getting portable tire inflators that have considerably long wires can be significant, as this will give you a lot of flexibility in times of need. When it comes to the length of cables, just make sure that the wires are long enough to allow your tire inflator to plug into its power source, whether it be your RVs battery or a power outlet nearby. Reach all of your tires with about three meters more to spare, just for some extra breathing room. Also, when making your choice, getting one with a suitable amount of accessories can be very handy. These can be a tire gauge, hose extenders, adapters for the nozzle, and some even have power supply adapters, which can make your tire inflator more versatile.
- Features and Ease of Use - if you observe the portable tire inflators in the market now, a lot of them have multiple uses and functions. Some are also equipped to deflate your tire at a faster rate, and others have flashlights installed (this can be handy, especially when you get a flat tire during the night). You can also choose between portable tire inflators with analog tire pressure displays or the ones with digital displays. The digital ones are the better choice since the numbers are easily seen even in dark situations. There are also tire inflators with an automatic stop feature. This allows you just to set your desired tire pressure, and the device will automatically stop the compressor from pumping air into your tires once it has reached the desired pressure. This can be handy and make it easy to use your tire inflator since you don’t always have to be looking at the gauge and checking if the tire pressure is already enough.
- A Bang-For-Your-Buck Deal - when getting the right portable tire inflator for your RV, getting the one with the lowest price isn’t always the wise choice, and most of the time, neither is getting the most expensive one. What you have to look for is the portable tire inflator with all the crucial specs, features, and accessories that you need for your RV tires, which is also in a reasonable price range. You know what they say, you pay peanuts, you get monkeys, so getting the tire inflator with all the good specs will certainly not be the lowest priced product in the market. There are also some products in the market that seem to have good specs and are priced very low, so be cautious with these as quality will also come at a specific price point.
Having specific tools and equipment for longs trips is always necessary, so you should add a portable tire inflator for RV to your list. You never know when you are going to run into problems on the road, so it's always better to be prepared!