There are several factors to consider when choosing the best window AC unit for RVs; this includes the size of your RV, the cooling capacity of the unit, the size of the unit, and so much more. However, the main goal is to make your RV cooler and more comfortable space to live in, so the focus should stick to what you need and what your RV is capable of handling. But with the abundance of air conditioner units available in the market, choosing the rv window air conditioner might be difficult, especially if you’re just starting to learn the whats, whys, and hows of RV living.
Air conditioner units are designed to provide proper cooling and ventilation to a room or space that does not have enough access to proper and adequate cooling. While several types of air conditioners can be used on RVs, small rv window air conditioner pose some advantage over the other variants. Generally, small rv air conditioner or rv window ac unit are cheaper, compact, and fairly efficient in doing its job, just the perfect solution for your RV’s cooling problem.
|HomeLabs 10,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner||The Home Labs window air conditioner features a 10000 BTU that can cool spaces up to 450 sq. ft. It consists of two sets of fins and is notable for its different fan speeds. This product is considered as the best air conditioner unit that features high-quality and in price. While it measures roughly 19 by 22 by 15 inches, the Home Labs has a minimum clearance and width requirements.|
|Frigidaire 5,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Mini-Compact Air Conditioner||Considered as one of the best-selling compact air conditioner units in Amazon, the Frigidaire Window-mounted AC comes from one of the most trusted brands. It is known for its quality and low cost-efficiency. The Frigidaire compact air conditioner uses a powerful motor and compressor to generate cool air. It also of 2 fans and 2 cool speeds that can quickly cool a room.|
|LG LW8016ER 8,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Remote Control Air Conditioner, White||The larger LG Energy Star LW8016ER model is the perfect air conditioner for cooling bigger spaces such as RVs up to 300 square feet. It has a powerful flow rate of 220 CFM and can quickly and efficiently cool wider spaces. It features two fins for an evener cooling distribution as well as 3 fans and cooling speeds for more temperature control settings.|
|Midea U Inverter Window Air Conditioner 10,000B TU||The window type Midea U inverter air conditioner has a rated power output of 10,000 watts. You are saving almost 35% on energy as compared to conventional ACs. Thanks to its state-of-the-art DC Inverter technology. Also, it is equivalent to 9 times quieter than standard units. It uses your window to block the noise from the cooling system.|
|Haier ESAQ406P Serenity Series||The Haier ESAQ406P Serenity Series is particularly known for its quiet and efficient performance. It has a 6000 BTU capability that can easily cool an area of 200 square feet in a matter of 15 minutes.|
Detailed Reviews of the Best Window AC Unit for RV
HomeLabs 10,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner
The Home Labs window air conditioner features a 10000 BTU that can cool spaces up to 450 sq. ft. It consists of two sets of fins and is notable for its different fan speeds. This product is considered as the best air conditioner unit that features high-quality and in price. While it measures roughly 19 by 22 by 15 inches, the Home Labs has a minimum clearance and width requirements.
This window AC unit features a wide range of cooling settings, along with a powerful and efficient motor. It has an Energy Star Certification that offers low energy costs and includes a reusable and antibacterial filter that can be easily cleaned.
Considering its price, the Home Labs window-type air conditioner unit does not feature a dehumidifying function. While this may not be a deal-breaker, some users might opt for a model that includes one. Aside from this, the Home Labs is notably larger than other models making it quite difficult to install. Users should keep in mind to install the air conditioner with a backward tilt to allow the excess water to drain to avoid leakage coming from the unit.
- 10000 BTU capacity
- Includes mounting kit in the package
- Features 7 different temperature settings
- Cools fast
- Uses reusable and antibacterial filter
- Cost-efficient model
- Not the smallest-sized air conditioner unit
- Durability is an issue
- Does not include automatic shut-off or timer function
Frigidaire 5,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Mini-Compact Air Conditioner
Considered as one of the best-selling compact air conditioner units in Amazon, the Frigidaire Window-mounted AC comes from one of the most trusted brands. It is known for its quality and low cost-efficiency. The Frigidaire compact air conditioner uses a powerful motor and compressor to generate cool air. It also of 2 fans and 2 cool speeds that can quickly cool a room.
The Frigidaire has an energy efficiency rating and requires 450 watts operating power. It has a 5000 BTU rating that can cool 150 square feet spaces and runs on 115V, making it perfect for RV. This product weighs about 41 pounds and includes a complete mounting kit. This product is extremely easy to install. It also features manual rotary controls for adjusting the temperature, and automatic restart function.
While the Frigidaire may just be the best option from this list, there are still somethings to nitpick from this model. First off, this mini-compact unit is not ideal for large spaces, as its cooling capacity is ideal for smaller spaces. Also, it is not the cheapest variant, and it doesn’t include a timer function.
- Effective cooling capability for small spaces
- Automatic restart function
- Lightweight and compact build
- Directed cooling
- Energy efficiency rating of 11.1
- Generates little to no noise
- Quite decent dehumidifier function
- Not ideal for cooling large spaces
- Relatively expensive
- Does not include a timer or automatic shutoff function
LG LW8016ER 8,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Remote Control Air Conditioner, White
The larger LG Energy Star LW8016ER model is the perfect air conditioner for cooling bigger spaces such as RVs up to 300 square feet. It has a powerful flow rate of 220 CFM and can quickly and efficiently cool wider spaces. It features two fins for an evener cooling distribution as well as 3 fans and cooling speeds for more temperature control settings.
The LG Energy Star LW8016ER is a more premium model that is packed with a powerful motor and includes a wide range of cooling settings.it has a higher energy efficiency rating at 12.1 and includes amazing features such as energy saver and sleep modes, as well as a dehumidifying function that can remove 2.2 pints of humidity per hour.
Being a larger unit, the LG Energy Star LW8016ER measures at 19 by 19 by 12 inches and is quite difficult to install. It is on the heavier side in terms of weight and price. Furthermore, the LG Energy Star generates a notable noise because of its powerful flow rate.
- 8000 BTU capacity
- High CFM rating
- Ideal for cooling larger spaces
- EER of 12.1
- Features a sleep and energy saver mode
- Dehumidifying function can remove 2.2 pints per hour
- Quite expensive
- Large and heavy
- Generates a noticeable amount of noise
Midea U Inverter Window Air Conditioner 10,000B TU
The window type Midea U inverter air conditioner has a rated power output of 10,000 watts. You are saving almost 35% on energy as compared to conventional ACs. Thanks to its state-of-the-art DC Inverter technology. Also, it is equivalent to 9 times quieter than standard units. It uses your window to block the noise from the cooling system.
The window is flexible and is capable of being opened. You can keep more of your perspective because it draws in fresh air whenever you open the windows. In addition, the device also features Smart Control. The Midea U is Wi-Fi-enabled, and the MideaAir app on iOS or Android may control it from anywhere using the cloud. Alexa and Google Assistant also support voice commands.
You will be impressed by the product design, which had the Apple look. The U design does exactly what it says, keeping the noisy exterior part while showcasing the well-designed interior half. The chilly air is circulated via a louver that moves up and down. Also, the inverter spools the compressor up and down. Instead of constantly turning it on and off, which reduces noise and energy use.
The setup is not as simple as it appears in the videos. Remember to budget at least an hour for everything to be in order. Instead of laying the bracket over the track’s top, the bracket sits on the screen’s edge.
- Comes with dehumidifier
- Alexa and Google Assistant voice command
- Quiet operation
- Energy saving
- Installation takes time
- With huge air gaps underneath
Haier ESAQ406P Serenity Series
The Haier ESAQ406P Serenity Series is particularly known for its quiet and efficient performance. It has a 6000 BTU capability that can easily cool an area of 200 square feet in a matter of 15 minutes. It has a powerful airflow of 200 CFM along with two sets of fins that can move both horizontally and vertically for even distribution. It includes energy save and sleep mode for a more personalized experience.
The Haier ESAQ406P Serenity Series is an amazing mid-range model that is packed with a range of control settings and functions. First off, the Haier ESAQ406P features a stunning LED display and two sets of fins for even distribution. This model also features a fan mode, energy-save mode, sleep mode, and a timer function.
Compared to other air conditioner models, the Haier ESAQ406P on the larger side as it measures at 21 by 9 by 21 inches. Considering this, the unit is quite heavy and difficult to install and might be hard to fit in some RVs. Also, some users complain of squeaking noises coming from the unit after a couple of months of use.
- 6000 BTU capacity with 200 CFM airflow
- Doesn’t generate any noise
- Includes dehumidifying function
- Features 4 modes of operation
- Uses reusable filter
- Uses reusable filter
- Large and heavy unit
- Difficult to install
Advantages and Disadvantages of Window AC Units for RV
There are several other air conditioner variants that can be installed in your RV, so why opt for a window-type model? A window-type air conditioner is the simplest type of air conditioner that is designed to cool a room that does not have enough access to proper cooling and ventilation. Compared to the rooftop and portable air conditioners, window-type air conditioners are relatively cheaper, cost-efficient, and saves a lot of floor space.
- Window-type air conditioners are notably cheaper than rooftop air conditioners for RVs, and more functional and versatile compared to portable air conditioners.
- The upfront cost used to purchase even a mid-range window-type air conditioner as it is highly energy and cost-efficient in the long run
- Window-type air conditioners are generally easy to install as most packages include complete mounting and installation kits.
- Entry-level window air conditioners provide adequate cooling for small to medium-sized RVs. Larger RVs require high-tier models that have about 5000 to 6000 BTU capacity.
- Since window-type air conditioners are typically installed jutting out of a window, it doesn’t take any floor space on your RV.
- Not all RVs may be able to support larger and heavier window-type air conditioner units. In addition, some window types such as fixed, glider, and casement windows do not accommodate window-type air conditioners.
- It is important to take note of the Energy Efficiency Rating (EER) of the model to make sure that you are getting the best performance from the unit.
- Once you have an air conditioner unit installed on your window, this window is no longer functional as it can no longer be moved in any way.
- Window-type air conditioners may seem bulky as it juts out from the side of your RV.
- Despite using installation and mounting support, window-type air conditioners still have the chance of slipping out and falling out of the RV.
- If not installed properly, window-type air conditioners are at risk of unwanted leakage that could damage your RV’s interior.
- Air conditioners, in general, might consume too much of your power source and drain your batteries fast.
Choosing the best window AC unit for your RV might come hard considering the number of window air conditioners available in the market that you can choose from. That is why it’s important to spend some time researching and look into things that would help you learn, understand, and decide what the best window AC unit for RV is. Find out more about RV AC units.