Does IKEA sell RV furniture? Yes, they are. Whether you’re a newbie or an old-timer RVer who’s looking to add furniture for your travel trailer, IKEA is the best place to buy.
A tiny home that’s what most RV owners describe their RV. Most RVs come complete with furniture, though, over time, they become dysfunctional or uncomfortable furnishings. After a few road trips, many items of furniture tend to break, which sends RVers looking for the best furniture replacements for their RVs or motorhome. Fortunately, RV-friendly IKEA furniture allows campers to find a run for a new one like chairs, tables, and sofas.
In this article, we’re going to share with you some buying tips for furniture. We also list some best selling tables, sofas, and stools at IKEA.
What Is RV
Abbreviated as RV, a recreational vehicle is a motor trailer or a hauler that is designed for accommodation with living quarters. Often similar to cars like large vans and shuttle buses, RVs are like mini-homes that are used for traveling. RVs are used primarily by campers who are looking for outdoor activities and travel.
Here are some RV types of home that can be motorhomes:
- Class A Motorhome
- Class B Motorhome
- Class C Motorhome
- Travel Trailer
- Toy Hauler
- Fifth Wheel Trailer
- Teardrop Trailer
- Hybrid Trailer
Types Of Furniture Available At IKEA
Here are some best selling furniture available at IKEA.
- Norden Gateleg Table – This ultra-compact table comes with 10.5 inches when not in use. Additionally, the table features a drawer that adds extra storage to your RV.
- Ingatorp Drop Leaf Table – This lightweight drop-leaf table fits nicely to the dining area because it can accommodate four-person for dinner. This folding table can transform into a size of a desk to save space for your RV home.
- Ekedalen Extendable Table – This extendable table offers convenience in your dining area. They are lightweight and easy to set up, plus you can fold them down to a small desk.
Chairs / Stools
- Frosta Stackable Stools – Are lightweight yet practical seating options. You can move around quickly because these are stackable chairs. Additionally, each seat costs only 15 dollars, which makes it very affordable furniture.
- Applaro folding chairs – These are ideal for RVers looking for an indoor and outdoor seating solution. They are durable to use for outdoor activities but also accent your indoor décor. Plus, these chairs are easy to fold, which means it’s easy to store.
- Vallentuna Modular Sofa – These modular sofas give the customers an option to customize their sofa because it comes in pieces. You can choose between a storage seat, a regular chair, and a hidden bed. You can fully utilize the limited space in your RV with these easy to assemble seating options.
- Balkarp Sleeper Sofa – These sofas are another excellent option for customers looking for a hidden bed. This compact futon-style sofa is inexpensive and offers versatility and comfort in one package. You can easily hide and store this dual-purpose sleeper sofa to your RV home.
4 Sleeping spaces
- IKEA PS Lovas Sleeper Sofa – This unique foldable mattress can turn into sofa-shape seating option. Though it looks like a sofa in appearance, this item is best used as a sleeping bed. This sleeper sofa is a comfortable mattress that allows customer flexibility in their sleeping area.
- Sniglar Children’s Bed – These cute tiny beds are ideal for RVers who are looking for beds for their little ones. These beds fit nicely to nook or cranny beds because they are small and making it suitable for tiny homes.
Tips And Tricks Before Buying a Furniture
RV rentals do not come cheap. Aside from the cost of the rental, you might also want to consider the deposit and insurance you need to pay for upon availing the rental service. Most rental places will require you at least one deposit to make a reservation.
Like most rental vehicles, rates can go up drastically during peak seasons. So it’s best to rent an RV and prepare everything you’ll need ahead of schedule. It will give you ample time to plan for your budget outline. Making your trip itinerary can help you maximize your RV rental. You have to remember that as a standard car rental, you will have to pay a daily rate for your RV. Also, you might be charged for mileage. Plan your route so that you’ll know what to expect and avoid going over your budget.
To give you an overview of how much does it cost to rent an RV, here’s an average rate based on different references we found online:
Can You Rent an RV Online?
For your convenience, we thought we’ll give you some advice, a little cheat sheet to remember before purchasing furniture.
- Measurement – No matter the cost or the ‘buy factor’ for a piece of furniture, you should consider the size. If the furniture doesn’t fit in your RV, then it’s not practical for you to buy one.
- Upholstery and Style – Deciding which furniture works for your needs, you also have to consider the design and the style. Whether it’s fabric or leather, what color the furniture has, keep in mind that furniture can help your RV’s interior feel the enjoyable and cohesive vibe.
- Capacity and Multi-Utility – Every inch of space matters for your RV or motorhome. It would be best if you planned out and utilized every place taken by each furniture from your RV. Finding double purpose furniture provides extra help as it maximizes the space and ensures to make the most out of your motorhome’s small footprint.
- Cost – Most RVers have a limited budget, so making any purchase decision is carefully considered. Always be sure to calculate the total expense of your furniture, including the delivery and installation fee. Otherwise, it would look a lot more a rip-off instead of a wise-buy.
Your RV is a home on wheels and not just an ordinary traveling vehicle you use. Just like any motorhome, your RV needs furniture like beds, tables and chairs. When you consider buying an RV furniture, we hope that you take into account the tips we have listed as your guide. Because your RV needs to select furniture, always keep in mind your preference and what suits your motorhome. Get more tips on RV furniture.